EcoXplore Pte Ltd only collects personal data that individuals voluntarily provide. In compliance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012, and all associated regulations and guidelines which may from time to time be issued by the Personal Data Protection Commission of Singapore, we are responsible for protecting the privacy and confidentiality of any personal information shared with us.
|Data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
|Business Contact Information (BCI)
|Defined as an individual’s name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business email address and any other similar information about the individual, not provided by the individual solely for his personal purposes.
- Our employees
- Job applicants, visitors, contractors and users of our website
- Third-party vendors
Under the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act, BCIs (e.g. name, business address, business telephone number) are not considered as Personal Data if only used strictly for business‐to‐business (B2B) transactions.
2) Collection of Personal Data
EcoXplore will collect data under the following conditions:
- Voluntarily-provided information to us, for example, communications with us via telephone, email, or other channels. The data we collect includes contact information (Company’s name and email) and will be used strictly for B2B transactions.
- Applying for a position with us through publicly-published profiles you created on job boards and job-related social media platforms (such as Jobstreet).
- Submission of applications or forms to us, including via our recruitment process.
- Engaging us for our products and services, including provision of customer service or technical assistance.
- Visiting our office premises, for the purposes of ensuring your security and safety during the duration of your visit.
You have choices regarding our collection, use or disclosure of your personal data. You have the right to withdraw your consent and oppose processing of your personal data in a manner as described in section 3 below. If you decide to decline us provision of your personal data as described in this Policy, we may not be able to facilitate your requests, provide our services or fulfil our contractual obligations towards you.
We may collect, disclose, or use your personal data pursuant to an exception under the Personal Data Protection Act or other written law. To respond to an emergency that threatens your life, health and safety or of another individual; and Necessary in the national interest, for any investigation or proceedings
3) Consent Withdrawal and Consequences
- You provide us with your personal data on a voluntary basis. If you choose not to provide us with the Personal Data as described in this Policy, we may not be able to provide our services, fulfil your requests or meet out our contractual duties towards you or the company you may be representing.
- You may withdraw consent in any form and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed in section 4, via submission of your request to our Data Protection Officer, at the contact details provided in section 11.
- Upon receiving your consent withdrawal request, we may require reasonable time (depending on the request’s complexity and impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed, and for us to notify you of the outcomes of us agreeing to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we aim to process your request within 30 business days of it being received.
- While respecting your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be able to continue the provision of our services to you and, in such circumstances, will notify you before completing the processing of your request.
- Please note that your consent withdrawal does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclosure without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
4) Use of Personal Data
- We use your provisioned Personal Data for one or more of the following ways:
- Providing information requested from us by you, or which we think may interest you;
- Response to your queries and feedback;Recruiting, assessing and/or matching you with/for potential positions or assignments at EcoXplore Pte Ltd and/or dealing with matters related thereto such as offering you a job that EcoXplore Pte Ltd believes you may be compatible for;Carrying out duties arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;Entering into a contract with you or managing our existing business relationship; and
- Complying with or fulfilling legal and regulatory obligations.
5) Disclosure of Personal Data
- We may disclose your Personal Data to third party providers, agents, and other organizations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in section 4 above for us; and
- Where required to do so by law, we may disclose Personal Data about you to the relevant authorities or to law enforcement agencies.
6) Accuracy of Personal Data
7) Protection of Personal Data
We employ appropriate administrative, physical, technical, and organizational security measures to help protect your Personal Data against loss and unwarranted access by unauthorized persons.
- If a need to disclose your Personal Data to third parties in the manner described in section 5 arises, we will ensure they provide sufficient evidence to us that they have implemented the necessary security measures to protect your Personal Data.
8) Retention of Personal Data
- We will not retain any of your Personal Data when it is no longer needed for any business or legal purposes.
- Such documents containing your Personal Data will be disposed of or destroyed in a secure manner by us, when it is reasonable to assume that the permitted purpose is no longer being served by their retention.
- Any unsolicited personal data received by us will be returned to the sender immediately. If received by email or through our website, these unsolicited personal data will be deleted right away. If received by telephone, these will not be recorded.
9) Access and Correction to Your Personal Data
- You have the right to know what Personal Data we have and process about you. You may write into us at the contact details provided in section 11 to find out how we have been using or disclosing your Personal Data over the past one year.
- You are also entitled to have incorrect Personal Data about you corrected and you may in some cases ask us to delete your Personal Data. You can also object to certain Personal Data about you being processed and request that processing of your Personal Data be limited.
- Before we agree to your access or correction request, we may need to verify your identity via checking identification documents and the legitimacy of your request.We will respond to your access or correction request as soon as reasonably possible, or within 30 days from the date your request was received. If we are unable to do so within 30 days, we will notify you and give you an estimate of how much longer we require.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
10) Transfer of Personal Data Outside of Singapore
We do not transfer personal data outside of Singapore.
In case transfer is necessary aligned with the purposes listed in section 4, we will guarantee that the data protection standards in the recipient country is measurable to that of the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012. If this is not so, we will enter into an agreement with the receiving party to accord similar levels of data protection as those in Singapore.
11) Contacting EcoXplore
Any query or complaint should include, at least the following details:
- Your Name and Contact Information
We treat such questions and feedback seriously, and will deal with them confidentially and within reasonable time.
12) Effect of Policy and Changes to Policy
This Policy applies in conjunction with any other sources, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data by us.
We may revise this Policy from time to time. Please visit our website periodically to note any changes. Changes to this Policy take effect when they are posted on our website.
Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgment and acceptance of this Policy and any such changes.